Neelum Valley Ajk
Situated at a distance of 250 Km from Islamabad, Neelum Valley AJK is a 200 Km long Valley running parallel to Naran valley. Naran & Neelum Valley are separated by snow covered mountains and thick pine forests some 13,000 Ft above sea level. It is one of the best destinations to be termed as “Heaven on Earth in Kashmir. River Neelum runs through this valley and divides Indian side of Kashmir from Pakistani Kashmir. It also houses old ruin of Buddaha community in Sharda some 320 Km from Islamabad.
Major Tourist Attractions:
- Dhani Water Fall
- Patikha Zoo
- Neelum Jehlum Hydro Power
- LoC crossing point from Azad Kashmir to Indian Occupied Kashmir
- Kuttan and Jagran Valley
- Keran and Upper Neelum village
- Sharda and Buddha ruins
- Khel and Treking to Arang Khel
- Taobut , last point of Kashmir and extreme beauty
- Shonter Treking and hiking for Lakes. Chita Khata and Shonter Lake
Travel Distance from Islamabad:
- Muzaffarabad: 150 Km and 4 hours’ drive from Islamabad on metaled road
- Kuttan & Jagran : 220 Km and 7 hours’ drive from Islamabad on metaled road
- Keran & Upper Neelum Valley AJK : 250 Km and 8 hours’ drive from Islamabad on metaled road
- Sharda : 320 Km and 12 hours’ drive from Islamabad on metaled road
- Khel: 340 Km and 15 hours’ drive from Islamabad on Jeep road
- Taobut : 370 Km and 18 hours’ drive from Islamabad on Jeep road
Public transport is available for Sharda Neelum Valley AJK from Muzaffarabad AJK and is time specific. Visitor can take van for Athmuqam from Muzaffarabad every 30 minute.
Places of Interest
Treking: One can track through Dowarina (Sharda) to Jalkhad Naran via Noor Nar top and can visit Noori Lake, Noori waterfall, Hansraj Lake, Dawarian pass and Ratti Gali lake. Another track is of Chita Khata Lake and Shonter Lake starting from Khel via Jeep. Arang khel is an other 1.5 Hours trek from Khel village and must for visitors to see.
Swiming: What else a tourists want when he can enhance his travel experience through swiming in chilly water. Famous water streams are Jagran, Surgan and Shonter. Please avoid going to main water
Fishing : World famous trout is available in river Neelum and Jagran water streams. Come, fish and eat worlds famous Trout in Neelum valley during your stay
Boating : Limited boating is available in Sharda lake, so enjoy it with your family and friends during your travel to Neelum valley AJK
Camping: For adventure lovers there are many camp sites available in Keran, Sharda, Shonter and Khel.
Night Life with Activities
There are not many attraction for Night life except having a Bone fire and a Movie night with friends and family in your hotel.
In Neelam valley there are dozens of beautiful and historical places, Sharda Peeth is one of the most beautiful and historical place in Neelam valley.